Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Longing

I’m longing for God. The cry of my heart going up before the throne of heaven right now is “I want to be closer to you, Lord. I know there is more to you than what I know.”  I’ve been here before, this place where I look at where I’m at with God and realize it’s not enough. Sometimes when I’ve gotten distracted and lost my way in my relationship with Him I find myself here. But other times it doesn’t seem to be triggered by anything or than an inexplicable longing for more of God than what I have. Here I am, supposedly older and wiser, yet feeling the same sense of dissatisfaction I knew when I was 20. I thought I’d have it all figured out by now, but no matter how far down the road I’ve traveled with the Lord, it is not enough. Because I know there’s more. And I know that the pursuit of more of God is always worth it. I have never been disappointed by Him. My relationship with my Lord is the most precious thing I have in this life, but I know that I haven’t begun to touch all that there is being close to Him.

Deuteronomy 4:29 “But from there you will seek the LORD your God, and you will find Him if you seek Him with all your heart and with all your soul.”

Why am I writing this blog? Great question!
1)     I feel led
2)     I love to write
3)     I’m intrigued by social media, though I haven’t dabbled in it much
4)     I'm into talking about spiritual things and thinking about spiritual truth, but more in a personal, relational manner rather than a theological one
5)     Posting to this blog will drive me to God in a new and hopefully meaningful way (which I want). I’m looking to fan the flames of my relationship with the Lord afresh. Of course I’d love it if others were blessed as well.

Any others out there who are also longing for more of God?

2 comments:

Harmony said...

Love this and look forward to reading your blog. I am in this same spot, even though I feel like I was just left this spot. Trying to figure how to embrace Christ in the everyday!

Tammy said...

Then maybe we can go forward together and encourage each other to persist. Love to share the journey!