Thursday, October 13, 2011

God's Loving-kindness Towards Me is Precious



Psalm 36:7-9 (NKJV)
How precious is Your loving-kindness, O God! Therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of Your wings.
They are abundantly satisfied with the fullness of Your house, And You give them drink from the river of Your pleasures.
For with You is the fountain of life; In Your light we see light.

This section of scripture gives me hope. It reminds me things about God that are important for me to remember.  God’s loving-kindness towards me is precious.  He really likes me! A lot! That makes me smile as I type.  Imagine the most doting father or grandfather in the world. They cannot in any way compare to God. His love is beyond anything I can comprehend.  It just fills my heart to think of that much love directed towards me. I can place my complete trust in Him. I can draw near to Him and He will love and protect me.  He will keep me no matter what is going on in my world. Circumstances change but He is my constant.

The psalmist says that the children of men  are abundantly satisfied with the fullness of God’s house, and that I can drink in the river of His pleasures.  God wants me to be satisfied in Him. He wants me to know abundance and fullness. He doesn’t want me to be empty or longing.  He even wants me to enjoy pleasures!  That is what God desires for me every day; that I would know abundant satisfaction in Him.  That sounds lovely. A God who loves me wants good for me. I’m going to try and live this verse….all day. In order to do so, need to remember that He is the fountain of life. If I want abundance, I need to look to Him.

This verse is going to brighten my day as I think on it. I pray it brightens your day too!

No comments: