Sunday, December 18, 2011

A Page Torn Right Out of My Notebook


I just spent time with the Lord and talked to Him about my blog post for today. I didn’t know what to write. After my conversation with Him I realized that the simplest way to share the gist of that conversation would be to copy/paste it right into the blog. (I told you this blog was about putting my heart out there!)  Here it is. What I said is in black. What I felt He said back is in red. I smiled through most of this little interchange.

Dear Lord,
I’m kind of stuck. I don’t know what to write. I know I need to write from my life but nothing much is going on this week. I am grateful for you. I’m grateful that you speak to me and love me. I’m grateful that Faye said I had an excellent manuscript. I’m grateful that I have 2 weeks off for Christmas. I’m grateful that you speak to me and you are my friend.  

You are so good to me….what do you want for Christmas? 
That’s a good blog topic…..
Jesus, you are brilliant. J
Yes I am. J Literally I’m a genius. My IQ is the highest in the universe. I’ve memorized all truth. No, I am all truth. (I laugh right here)
J This was a legit question, not just a “I need a blog topic”. What do you want for Christmas?
“All I want for Christmas is you…..” (I laugh again. This is one of my fav contemporary Christmas songs by Mariah Carey)
You make me laugh. Seriously.
Seriously. I want to spend time with you regularly this holiday. Like every day. Like this. You and me talking, being together.
That’s not such a gift. What else do you want?
It is too a gift. It’s the one I want. I know your health is a struggle and you are a busy mother. Time is a lot to ask.
But you deserve so much more.
Tammy, you already give me a lot. You’ve given me your life and your heart. Giving me your heart is the most precious gift of all. I cherish it. I cherish you. 
You give me a lot more than I give you.
That’s called being God. And besides, I’m not keeping track…. But if you’re so desperate to do something for me, write me a poem, or a song. That would be nice. It would be from you…just make it from your heart. That’s the best kind of gift.
I love you so much, Lord. You are so very good to me. I can’t thank you enough or love you enough. If time is what you want, time it is. Wrapped in a big bow and given with a big hug. I adore you.

 So reader, I don’t know about you, but I’m giving the Lord my time this Christmas (and poem or a song, too). I would encourage you to ask the Lord what He wants for Christmas. Our relationships with Him are all so different. Who knows what gift He’d like from you? 

"Oh come let us adore Him, Oh come let us adore Him, Oh come let us adore Him, Christ the Lord."  Taken from "Oh Come, All Ye Faithful" 

No comments: