Thursday, January 19, 2012

God's Friend


“She shoots, she scores! GOAL!!!” That, my friends, is music to my ears.  I’m quite the goal oriented person.  I love purpose; I love getting things done and checking things off my list.  It’s a useful quality in this world and has helped me achieve many things. However, I’m working on being a little less goal oriented in my time with Lord.  Too often I want a purpose. I want to get revelation or have a heart change or go to battle in the prayer closet.   It’s not cool to always want something from the Lord. After all, He is the most relational being in the Universe. You know how I know? Why else would He go to all the trouble to create and then redeem mankind? We’ve certainly been a pain in his heavenly backside! And He knew we would be before He even said, “Let there be light.” It’s totally crazy when you think that He went to all that trouble just for relationship. To be close to us. To me. To you.

Thinking about that is changing my quiet times. He wants to be with me.  He wants to know me.  I’m good about sharing my heart with the Lord, but I realized I always come before Him wanting something.  I know that I would be upset if I felt like Nick always wanted something out of our interactions. As if it wasn’t enough to simply be in my company.  The Lord probably doesn’t like it either.  This week I’ve tried to come without an agenda except to sit in his presence and keep him company. I chat. I tell Him I love Him. I sit quietly. I listen.  It’s been sweet and meaningful.   I think it might be blessing Him. J It’s blessing me!

PS….Oh and by the way, if you read the last post and are wondering, I’m feeling much better.  I’ve been feeling better and better ever since church Sunday night.  Funny. All that drama and I was on the verge of breaking free and I didn’t even know it.  It’s a good lesson about not giving up hope.

James 2:23(NIV)
And the scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness,” and he was called God’s friend.

No comments: