Sunday, February 19, 2012

The Cares of This Life


I knew that something was wrong and I didn’t know how to fix it, but I felt trapped in a cycle I couldn’t get out of. I felt sick, which made me worried and preoccupied with being sick and worrying about what was wrong. That was upsetting and I was sad and preoccupied and just plain not feeling good.  No surprise, but I haven’t been very joyful.  I went to Healing Rooms in Spokane for prayer and God spoke some things to me.  The people praying for me didn’t know about this downward spiral but thankfully, God did. And He wanted to help (Because that’s just the way He is.)  Some things that they said were divinely inspired, because I hadn't talked about it with them.

They said several things to me as they prayed. One thing they suggested was that I turn my brain off, quit analyzing and trying to figure everything out. I needed to get my mind off of my earthly cares and shift my focus to God and heavenly things. I could not fix my circumstances but God could. I don’t have the strength, I can’t do it on my own, but He can. I need to trust Him and rest in Him.  They also said that the feeling I had that my best days were behind me wasn’t true, that the best days are ahead of me.  I admit, I cried when I heard that one, because it was true. I had been thinking that exact thing.

When I left I had hope. I believe that God understands my circumstances and cares. I believe He is going to help me. I felt like a load was lifted off of my back! I’ve made a conscious decision NOT to let myself get all caught up in “what ifs” and concerns since then and that’s been incredibly freeing.

The cool thing is I have been able to successfully avoid negative thinking and embrace heaven minded thoughts. God is giving me the strength to do what I desire to do.  It’s easy to get caught up in the cares of this world. But they do not bring life to our souls. Sometimes we need to lift our vision higher.

Mark 4: 19-20 (NKJV)
“…and the cares of this world, the deceitfulness of riches, and the desires for other things entering in choke the word, and it becomes unfruitful. But these are the ones sown on good ground, those who hear the word, accept it, and bear fruit: some thirtyfold, some sixty, and some a hundred.” 

No comments: