Sunday, March 18, 2012

Miracles Still Happen!


I ended last Sunday’s blog post with “Tammy, you are really healthy. The snare is broken and I have escaped!!” Well, by Wednesday evening I was back on crutches. By Saturday I could hardly walk, even with crutches. Talk about falling from a great height. We weren’t sure what happened, though we think I irritated it with extra walking this week. Regardless, my muscles were all snarled up and unresponsive. I couldn’t put my weight on my leg. Nothing really relieved my pain.  Back to not sleeping except for 3 or 4 hours a night.

And I couldn’t believe it.

I kept fighting to keep my mind focused on the Lord and not my circumstances but it was a struggle.  I didn’t even bother to try and post to my blog Thursday night. I had nothing good to say.  

When Saturday came and everything I’d been trying was obviously not working, Nick and I decided to take a quick drive down to Lewiston and go to the Healing Rooms for prayer. I crutched in feeling pretty desperate but actually somewhat hopeful. 

The person praying for me went to every exact problem area I’d had in the past two months (without my saying anything except that I couldn’t walk on my leg).  She laid hands on all the right spots and addressed all my key issues. That in and of itself was pretty supernatural and amazing.  They prayed for me for about 25 minutes. AND I WALKED OUT OF THERE WITHOUT MY CRUTCHES!!!!!

I had to hurry back home to go to a woman’s luncheon my friend was having at her church. That morning I’d been dreading going, because I’d be back on crutches and making a scene and people would be asking questions…I didn’t want to face it. But that’s not what happened. I walked in there and was able to enjoy the entire experience, including walking around and looking at the Silent Auction baskets, without my crutches!!!

Halleluiah!!

Job 19:25-27 (NKJV)
For I know that my Redeemer lives,
And He shall stand at last on the earth;
And after my skin is destroyed, this I know,
That in my flesh I shall see God,
Whom I shall see for myself,
And my eyes shall behold, and not another.
How my heart yearns within me!

The dear Lord didn’t have to, but He proved to me afresh this weekend that He does indeed live.


Luke 5:23-26 (NKJV)
Which is easier, to say, ‘Your sins are forgiven you,’ or to say, ‘Rise up and walk’? But that you may know that the Son of Man has power on earth to forgive sins”—He said to the man who was paralyzed, “I say to you, arise, take up your bed, and go to your house.”

Immediately he rose up before them, took up what he had been lying on, and departed to his own house, glorifying God. And they were all amazed, and they glorified God and were filled with fear, saying, “We have seen strange things today!”



2 comments:

Esau said...

Yay!

Tammy said...

Thanks for celebrating with me!