Sunday, March 11, 2012

The Snare of the Fowler


Psalm 124:7 (NKJV)
Our soul has escaped as a bird from the snare of the fowlers; the snare is broken, and we have escaped.

I feel like that psalm! I’ve escaped! I thought I was heading into some bad health issues and I’ve just been given a clean bill of health…..halleluiah! Here’s the story:

I have been having migraines that make me throw up every 25 days or so. They put me out of commission for about half a day. It’s related to the downward slide of menopause.  That’s been going on since last July. Well then in January I started having headaches all the time, just varying degrees of bad. Back to the round of doctors. One doctor thought it might be the autoimmune. Another doctor thought it was due to the diet I’d been eating to help my leg (heavy in proteins). The third doctor thought it was the supplements. Anyway, the bottom line was….we think you have to go off your diet. It may be ruining your kidneys and liver. That meant I was staring Enbrel in the face again. It’s an autoimmune blocker that takes out your immune system. They told me I’d have to go to the hospital and receive infusions in the Chemo room every week for an hour. That would require a shunt. It increases your likelihood of cancer.  How can I be an elementary teacher with no immune system in place? In the middle of all of this I hurt my back….(I know, can you believe this?) so between that and the headaches I wasn’t sleeping. 

I was so dragged down by my problems. I was upset and stressed and afraid. I felt terrible. Every ache made me paranoid. I tried to analyze and figure out how to stop the headaches. Nothing helped.  In the middle of this I received prayer three times. Every time in different ways those praying for me said I needed to lift my eyes off my circumstances and turn to God. He is my one help and strength. I tried to do that with everything I had. Some days were better than others, but overall it really made a difference. I had strength on days when I’d only slept for four hours. I made it when all my muscles hurt. I quit worrying. I began to quiet my soul.  

Then the results started coming back. The headaches were due to muscle tightness which my physical therapist was able to fix. I added a bunch of stuff to my diet that didn’t bother my leg so now the doctor is happy about my diet and not worried about it harming my body.  My back’s feeling better so I’m sleeping again. My blood work was NORMAL!! The doctor said (and I quote), “Tammy, actually you are really healthy. Everything looks good. We just need to fix a couple of things. I can give you something for your migraines that should take care of it.”

Did you hear that? Tammy, you are really healthy. Halleluiah!! Praise you Lord!! The snare is broken and I have escaped!!

Psalm 55:22 (New King James Version)
Cast your burden on the Lord, and He shall sustain you;
He shall never permit the righteous to be moved. 

1 comment:

Anita Cory said...

Amen, Sister. I think and pray for you often. What an answer to prayers!