Saturday, April 7, 2012

He who Dwells in the Secret Place 4: Don't Give Up the Secret Place

I was in a forest. Jesus and two angels were with me. Jesus was sitting on the ground. He’d pulled me onto his lap and his arms were wrapped around me.  I was exhausted and trying to talk Jesus into leaving me there. “I can’t make it. Just go on without me. Leave me here. I can’t do it.”  Jesus refused to listen to my objections. I wondered where the angels were and Jesus pointed out a space about 40 yards away. They were in the middle of hand to hand combat, some sort of warfare.

All of a sudden this creepy guy who had to be the devil came out of the trees and walked up to us. He was dressed all nice and he smiled this horrible, evil smile at me. Stopping right where we were, he said to me, “Hold out your hand.”

Jesus began screaming, “No! Don’t do it! Don’t listen to him!”

Automatically, as if I had no will of my own, I held out my hand. He grabbed it and pain went shooting up my arm. I’m still sitting in Jesus’ lap and His words are strong in my ear, “Stop! Don’t listen to him. You don’t have to listen to him.”

Finally the devil drops my hand, still smiling, and says, “I’ll be back. I can access you anytime I want.”

He walks away and leaves me and Jesus. I’m crying. Jesus is hugging me tight and saying, “You can’t give him access to your life this way.  You have to stop.”

The Lord gave me that alarming image recently when He was talking to me about fear and anxiety. You see, God is the author of all goodness: light, truth, love, joy peace, gentleness….etc. The enemy is the author of every bad thing: jealousy, hatred, lies, insecurities, and of course fear and anxiety. When I let those things become large in my life then I am listening to the WRONG voice. I’m giving the enemy access and he always does damage.  Praise to God for He is the author of freedom and I know He has victory in store for me. 

The day I got that image was the day I sat in the kitchen and Nick prayed for me and I walked out the door without my crutches after having needed them desperately the day before. What I didn’t know was that my good friend Amy had woken up at 6:30 that morning praying intently for me. This whole thing has been beyond my comprehension. All I know is that my leg is better all the time. Yesterday I felt challenged to take my brace off which I have been wearing for over a year. I went all day without it. So far, so good. I’ll keep you posted.

Ephesians 6:12-13
For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.


No comments: