Sunday, June 10, 2012

Choose What is Better

If you have God, you have it all. If you pick Him, you get the best of everything. Live in His presence and you have chosen the better portion.

Luke 10:38-42
As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, he came to a village where a woman named Martha opened her home to him. She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord’s feet listening to what he said. But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, “Lord, don’t you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!”

“Martha, Martha,” the Lord answered, “you are worried and upset about many things, but few things are needed—or indeed only one. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.”

This is what I’ve been thinking about. I want a greater portion of the Lord’s presence in my life. I want more of what cannot be taken from me. I let my heart become filled with worries that distract me from just resting in the Lord’s presence.  This scripture is clear that He WANTS us to sit with him. He WANTs us to choose Him, to choose what is better.  To be filled with peace regardless of the chaos.  FEW THINGS ARE NEEDED….

Dear Lord, please help me learn to believe this truth, that few things are needed, or indeed only one….and that’s you yourself.  

Dear Lord, I pray that your presence fills the hearts of the people who read this blog. I pray that your spirit moves in their lives and draws them to you. I pray that they would know you better, Lord. I pray that your will prevails in their lives. Let them choose the better portion….let them choose you. Let us all choose you.


No comments: