Monday, April 13, 2015

The Unseen World

I am currently experiencing some Holy Spirit pressure. The push to embrace the unseen world is something I can’t escape. When I go to my journal I hear God say, “Quit looking at the seen world. Focus on the unseen world.”  When I find myself anxious, I hear God in my head, “Anxiety lives in the seen world. My Word says, be anxious for nothing. In the unseen world, there is no anxiety because I take care of you, and you know it.”  As I face having to simplify my life due to illness, and I compare my life to others and feel lacking, I hear the Lord say, “There is only comparison in the seen world, the world you can see. But I tell you that you are saved through faith and not of works, lest anyone should boast.”

Jockeying and comparing and looking to see if you measure up to your neighbor is only part of the seen world—this world of flesh and bone and dirt that we are living in. In the unseen world we are covered by the blood of Jesus. All of our trappings, position, money and appearance fall away. Only our hearts and character remain.

So today and every day this week, my quest is to remain in the unseen world; the place in the spirit where truth dwells and the lies of this world are not present.
  

2 Corinthians 4:18  while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal.

No comments: